If you are planning to travel abroad, either solo or with family and friends, having a passport is mandatory, as without it you cannot visit other countries. However, to apply for a passport it is not necessary that you need to plan on travelling abroad. A passport can be availed by an individual at any time provided they produce the necessary documents.
A passport does not guarantee entry into any country but is a prerequisite to travel. A passport in India is valid for a period of only 10 years. To continue availing the benefits of the passport, the individual needs to renew the passport before the expiry of 10 years or after the validity expires. It needs to be mentioned that a passport is widely accepted as a proof of identification, address and age. As such, having a passport is extremely useful as it comes in handy at many points in an individual’s life.
Lead NRI and Visa services have many years of experience and knowledge on dealing with obtaining an Indian passport, renewing an Indian Passport, Replacing a lost Indian Passport, and many other issues you may have with your passport.
The following documents are what we usually require to carry out most passport related work:
- Application form.
- Four colour photos of 50mm * 50mm (White background)
- Original passport of applicant along with Self Attested copies of First page, Last Page, Current UK visa Page and any observation pages
- Original biometric card of UK visa (if available) along with a self attested copy
- Copy of bank statement or a utility bill on applicant’s name if you wish to change the address on your passport
Renewal of Short Validity Passport (SVP)
We are also able to deal with renewal of short validity passports. Short Validity Passports (SVP) are issued in cases such as the ones which are mentioned below:
- who wish to travel to India
- who wish to obtain to apply for visa
- Non-delivery of passport due to loss in transit
- Applicant having a pending criminal case in court
Difference between Renewal and Reissue of Passports
While renewal of the passport is carried out in the event that the validity of the existing passport expired, a passport is reissued in the event of the following:
- Expired or about to expire passport
- Lost passport
- Stolen Passport
- Exhaustion of pages
- Damaged or soiled passports
- Change in personal details
The above is a non-exhaustive list of passport services we offer. If you require any other service, contact our team who will be happy to help and advise.